It’s a new year!!! Wow - 2012. For some, now is the time to kick-start that new Strength and Fitness Program, but for others, now only marks halfway in a dedicated training program which can lead to the peak of physical fitness in the coming months.
Regardless of where your fitness lies, with the seasonal festivities out of the way, now is the perfect time to settle down, get some work done and Reward Yourself with Exercise. After years of working with every type of athlete, from serious to recreational, I've seen the affects of regular exercise and the resulting fitness that spans positively into every aspect of their life. I’d also like to emphasize how important the consistency is, and not just the intensity that makes the difference.
Ok, maybe you knew that? But keep reading.
It’s important to pick activities that you find fun, enjoyable, and challenging. Here 's the top 7 reasons why I think you should set your physical training program to top of your priorities this year ... and stick to it.
- Feel Good about Yourself – Bulk up or Trim Down.
- Energize the Mind
- Go Faster, Higher, or Stronger
- Reduce Your Work Stress
- Beat the Winter Blues (or that nasty cold that everyone else has.)
- Improve those Trouble Areas or Ailments
- Have Some Fun
1) An Exercise Appraisal – As a Bentall Club member, come for free and set your Fitness Benchmark to Witness your own improvements through out the year with your VO2max(aerobic capacity), Body Composition, Musculoskeletal Ability, and Body Kinesthetics.
3) Outdoor Recreation – Believe it or not there is a vast array of Trail Running, Mountain Biking, and Climbing right at our doorstep. Let me be you guide through a lucrative personal stock of
4) Functional Capacity Evaluations – If you require FCE’s or medical legal documents we offer ½ day to 2 day evaluations which are used to objectively evaluate a client’s present functional capacity and physical limitations. The reports are clear & concise and provide the readers with a better understanding of a client’s current ability. This service is available in conjunction with Marpole Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation and uses the BTE Functional Testing Systems which employs highly accurate real time monitoring and standardized testing procedures with reference to peer reviewed literature. These reports set a new standard for the quality and speed of production of the Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Lastly, here's my focus this year as a Kinesiologist as I endeavor to improve my wellness craft: I have found great interest in these topics and will add them more completely to the list above shortly. I'm training in...
- Ohashi Shiatsu – Studying with Ohashi Institute to get a better understanding for the healing arts. www.ohashiatsu.org
- Anatomy Trains – Advanced Posture Training to gain more knowledge of myofacial meridian theory by Thomas Myer and apply it to specific posture training techniques to restore balance to people’s bodies through movement. www.anatomytrains.com
- Gymnastic Strength Training – to integrate some of the proven essentials of gymnastic body-weight strength exercises for real functional strength improvements for myself and my clients. Via Christopher Sommer. http://gymnasticbodies.com/
Here's to a great year in WELLNESS!!!